I Am Living

The National Palliative Care Service Directory https://nsd.palliativecare.org.au/s/search-service lists palliative care services in your local area.

You can also obtain palliative care information and services from:

  • health professionals including GPs, specialists (for example oncologist), nurses;
  • aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers and health practitioners (https://healthinfonet.ecu.edu.au/key-resources/health-professionals/health-workers/)
  • hospital liaison workers;
  • pastoral/spiritual care practitioners;
  • allied health practitioners (for example: social workers, physiotherapists, speech therapist, occupational therapists);
  • specialist palliative care services: when symptoms become more challenging or complex, you may benefit from a referral to a specialist palliative care service.

Additionally, the University of Western Sydney, School of Medicine, has completed considerable work within the aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander context.