The National Palliative Care Service Directory https://nsd.palliativecare.org.au/s/search-service lists palliative care services in your local area.
You can also obtain palliative care information and services from:
- health professionals including GPs, specialists (for example oncologist), nurses;
- aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers and health practitioners (https://healthinfonet.ecu.edu.au/key-resources/health-professionals/health-workers/)
- hospital liaison workers;
- pastoral/spiritual care practitioners;
- allied health practitioners (for example: social workers, physiotherapists, speech therapist, occupational therapists);
- specialist palliative care services: when symptoms become more challenging or complex, you may benefit from a referral to a specialist palliative care service.
Additionally, the University of Western Sydney, School of Medicine, has completed considerable work within the aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander context.